INTERNATIONAL SUMMIT OF
FILIPINO CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE
HAWAII CONVENTION CENTER
December 13, 2006
As an integral part of the closing activities of the year-long celebration of the Filipino Centennial, the International Business Summit Committee is excited to host this historic event. We are inviting members of the Filipino Chambers of Commerce from the Philippines, U.S. Mainland, Canada, and other parts of the world where Philippine products and services are breaking into the marketplace to participate in this ground-breaking summit. We expect this to be a world-class event attended by business leaders specifically from the Filipino community.
Listed below are some proposed topics for discussion:
1. Create a system to measure the success of the Filipino Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii (FCCH) Annual Trade Mission to the Philippines and vice-versa, including measuring the impact of the 2006 International Trade Expo.
2. Develop a mechanism to assist those interested in pursuing business opportunities in the Philippines and vice-versa.The objective is for the Fil-Am Chambers to adopt a business project of future development (as a Chamber) as well as encourage their members to adopt projects in their areas of business interests and expertise. Hopefully, this will answer the often-asked question, "What can we do for the Philippines?" The idea is to enable both sides to profit. Some of the groups that may benefit from such a dialog are:
- People with an idea and perhaps no plan or experience.
- Those seeking venture Capital.
- Those nearing commercialization, but who still require assistance in areas such as product or market development, or those who may need assistance in better targeting their markets.
3. Assist member businesses in Hawaii who are already doing business in the Philippines (and vice-versa) who are faced with challenges conducting trade between the U.S. and the Philippines.
4. Establish an International Organization to oversee projects and/or initiatives developed as a result of the Business Summit (and future events) to ensure they are properly pursued and implemented.
For more information on the Trade Expo and the International Summit, please call Jack M. Legal at (808) 672-6201, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.